Sorry to keep bringing this up but it seems to happen way too often. PLEASE when you are finished using the remote properly “exit the station.” It is not enough to just disconnect, or turn off your browser. Too many times I have been out of the radio room only to return sometimes 12 hours later and see the amp running in the load fault condition. I know nobody does this purposely but if we follow a few basic rules this won’t happen. It will make the gear last longer. Moreover, when the amp is in load fault condition others who sign on later may face some difficulties using it. So please help with these steps:
- If you turn the the amplifier on, then you should turn it off. If there is another op in the queue he/she can always turn it back on should they desire. So whoever turns the amp on also turns it off;
- When leaving remote follow this sequence: Always turn the amp off (if on) and then the radio. Then disconnect from the remote. This sequence will work best;
- Please communicate with others on the chat bar;
- If you log on to the remote and there are no other ops on but the amp is running (highlighted switch) turn it off. Then if you want to use it you can simply wait a few moments and turn it back on. The “load fault” setting will reset itself if you do this. Otherwise the amp will not operate.
- Remember that these procedures may be different than for some other remotes because the ALS600 is not directly supported by remotehams. So we use a work around. That said, we’ve had a pretty good history of compliance. And it’s a fairly powerful/flexible station with 80/40, and 20 through 10 with yagi and rotor.
Thanks to all the fine operators on this remote station. 73, and have fun. Ed/K8EA